Beverley’s Apple Cake
Ingredients: for 18cm cake
150g butter, softened
150g soft brown sugar
3 x eating apples - chunked
1 x teaspoon cinnamon
2 x tablespoons demerara sugar
3 x eggs
150 g self raising flour
You will need....... Weighing Scales 1 x Medium Mixing bowl 1 x Small
Bowl Chopping Board Wooden Spoon Sharp Knife 18cm Cake Tin Wire Rack
Tablespoon An Adult
How to make Bev’s Apple Cake ... WASH YOUR HANDS
1. Ask an adult to turn the oven onto 180oc/350oF/Gas Mark 4 and put a
shelf onto the centre runner. (Aga Roasting oven - shelf on oven floor)
2. Grease and line cake tin. Place butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and
cream them with a wooden spoon until the mixture is light, fluffy and drops
off the end of the spoon easily.
3. Break the eggs into the small bowl (to make sure that you can scoop out
any eggshell if you need to) and then pour the eggs into the mixing bowl.
Add the flour into the mixing bowl as well.
4. Toss apple in demerera sugar and cinnamon and add two thirds to the
mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together and put into cake tin.
5. Scatter remaining apples on the top, sprinkle with demerera sugar and ask
an adult to bake it in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Eat warm.
©Splat Cooking Ltd 2009